Underfloor lathe PUS 1435/80 CNC
Our company has developed and introduced a new type of universal underfloor lathe for productive machining of tramcar wheels without the necessity to disassemble the bogie. The lathe is a part of the integrated underfloor lathe workplace intended for all types of currently operated tramcars including the low-floor ones. A modified technical solution with the carrying capacity of 200 (250) kN is designed for railway- and underground carriages.
Basic Characteristics and Advantages
- New, so far unused technical solution of the supporting and driving roller sets enables the lathe to be used for all types of rail vehicles without the necessity of centering and surcharging the axle.
- Possibility of machining the axle on a disassembled bogie.
- Synchronous machining with two completely independent cross supports.
- Simple and quick clamping of machined wheelset without operator´s intervention.
- Automatic centering of wheelset to the axis of machining.
- Automatic leveling of axle horizontal axis before and in the course of machining.
- Automatic lifting of not machined wheelset to avoid the impact of possibly deformed bogie on the machining process.
- Quick measurement of running profile wear and of the diameters of all wheels of rake always simultaneously on both axles of one bogie, including the printout of measurement record.
- Possibility of bogie geometry diagnostics, including graphic visualization and the printout of measurement record.
- Costs savings due to the analysis of necessity and scope of a repair on the basis of the results of measurements.
- Possibility to optimize the depth of machining to keep the tolerances of wheel diameters on the axle, the bogie, the vehicle and the train.
- Perfect geometry of the machined wheel thanks to clamping the axial driving rollers directly behind the tire, thus removing the unfavorable impact of flexible rubber wheel liners on the accuracy of machining.
- Possibility of machining the economic repair profiles.
- Monitoring of the machining process with a camera system.
- Possibility of supplying the accessories for machining both inner and outer brake discs.
- Elimination of the necessity to remove carriage side covers, resulting in a significant increase of labor productivity.
- Enhancement of work safety thanks to minimizing the necessity of manual operator´s interventions before and in the course of machining.
- Safe shunting of the rake (of wagons) disconnected from the trolley by a chain transport device located under the floor level.
- Check of identification of measured or machined axle by scanning the position of transport trolley.
- Efficient, user-friendly and well-arranged control system including the evaluation computer.
- Automatic wear checkup of cutting plates.
- Support of the calibration of the check positions of the moving parts of the installation.
- Monitoring of both control system and evaluation computer for the purpose of diagnostics of possible fault by the method of remote access from the seat of service firm.
| ||PUS..../80 CNC||PUS..../200 CNC|
||1000, 1435, 1524 mm
|Largest diameter of machined wheel on contact circle
|Smallest diameter of machined wheel on contact circle
|Maximum width of machined wheel
in wheels with rubber liners it is necessary to add < 0,30 mm to the values as follows:
|- Tolerance of wheel diameter on contact circle
||< 0,10 mm
|- Shape of section
||< 0,10 mm
|- Tolerance of wheel diameters on axle
||< 0,10 mm
|- Tolerance of wheel diameters on bogie
||< 0,30 mm
|Roughness of machined surface Ra (depending on feed)
||3,2 - 12,5 µm
||0,12 - 1 mm/ot.
|- machining of wheels
|- machining of brake discs
|Maximum cross-section of chip
|Maximum depth of chip
|- length (in the axis of machining)
|Total maximum load on lifting rollers
||18 000 kg
||25 000 kg
|Equivalent noise level
||72,9 dB (A)
|Control system level
|Type of control system
||OMRON of the C200 HX-CPU44 series
||3N~50Hz 400 V/TT
|Output of drivers of driving rollers
||4 × 9,2 kW
||4 × 15 kW
|Installed workplace power
|Dimensions of work pit:
|- length (parallel with axis of rail)
||10 690 mm
|- width (perpendicular on axis of rail)
||5 500 mm
|- depth (from top of rail) - pit bottom / ducts
|Length of the guide track of transport equipment
||According to customer´s request
Scope of Delivery
The delivery includes:
- Complete underfloor lathe workplace, including assembly, debugging and putting into operation:
- Underfloor lathe PUS ..../.... CNC:
- Control system and electric equipment
- Diagnostic system and measurements
- Hydraulic system
- Pneumatic system
- Equipment for machining of two coupled axles, wheel base 1900 - 2500 mm
- Safety at work and staff protection system
- Machining process monitoring by cameras
- Driving rollers slip checkup system
- Lighting of machining zone
- Basic software includes:
- Operation system Windows
- System of remote diagnostics of equipment
- Possibility to connect the control system to user´s internal computer network
- 1 required shape of wheel tread profile to which the wheel will be machined
- Database of structural types of wheels, which can automatically be clamped
- Possibility of machining repair profiles
- Control device in both automatic and service mode
- Display of error messages related to equipment condition
- Chip handling:
- collecting conveyer
- discharge conveyer
- 350 l open container on wheels with automatic dumping
- Transport equipment
- Hydraulic unit
- Accessories (tools, measuring instruments and jigs)
- Set of mostly needed spare parts
- Accompanying technical documentation, service and maintenance manual and spare parts catalogue
- EC Declaration of Conformity
- Exhaust emission measurement - EMC report
- Two weeks‘ staff training before passing the equipment to user
- Optional accessories:
- Device for machining both inner and outer brake discs
- Bogie geometry measuring system
- Dust and smoke exhausting
- Chip crusher
- System of central lubrication of cross supports
Delivery does not include
- Constructional readiness of service pit
- Complete lighting of workplace
- Ventilation and heating of workplace
- Bordering and covers of ducts and shafts
- Stairs and railing to service pit
- Connection of "PSP" switchboard to shop main switchboard